Gibraltar Regulatory Authority
Overview of GRA (Gibraltar Regulatory Authority)
Gibraltar Regulatory Authority is one of the big names in providing licenses to online casinos. Indeed, only those that have enjoyed the fairness and transparency of their license holders can testify to this. Gibraltar Regulatory Authority is the old name. In 2005, it was changed to the Gibraltar Gambling Commission (GGC). Their reputation has grown over the years since 2000. They provide an ethical business environment and culture. Players who have enjoyed the service delivery from big casinos like 32 Red; Boyle and Golden Lounge etc. have enjoyed the protection of the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority. So, let’s take a look at what the Gibraltar Regulatory truly stands for.
Why you should consider a license from the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority
There are many licenses out there. Of course, the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority may not rank as the best. However, it does not rank among the least as well. So far, they have built a reputation since 2000. These reasons are from the perspectives of various players that have enjoyed the protection of the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority either directly or indirectly. So, here are a few reasons why a license from Gibraltar is right for your online casino:
- Gibraltar is an excellent place for business. If you are looking to set up a new online casino, you should consider a location where there is no VAT charge. In many other situations, it is not as friendly as zero.
- The UKGC, for example, offers multiple licenses at different costs. However, the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority offers one master license that will cover all your activities. So, whether its sports betting; lottery, online casino etc., all you need is just one license.
- The gaming tax rate is the best offer you can get. Online casino owners pay a token of 1%. Even more, this 1% cannot exceed 425,000 GBP.
Benefits for players
Indeed, all these reasons are one-sided. The license holder obviously would enjoy it. However, what about the players? Why should you trust an online casino that has a license from the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority? Here are a few reasons:
- It is quite difficult to obtain the permit despite that the financial attachments are affordable. Hence, they only issue the license to online casinos that have proven track records of transparency and fair gaming. This explains their unpopularity.
- Many licenses care only about the money they receive from license holders. However, the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority does not care about that. Instead, they care about the players. So, if you are looking for a regulator that will fight for your every right, then GRA licensed casinos are where you should play.
There have been reports of a few incidences of laxity on the part of the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority. Yes, it does happen. However, what defines these licenses is the frequency of these occurrences. Also, there is the question of how it was managed; how long before they responded? Etc So far, GRA maintains a very responsive system. Players are free to get in touch with their complaints without any stress.